Welcome to my Mitten Moments!
Random moments from my week that I am sharing with YOU!
1) First up…today is the day!
The moment we have been waiting for!
Today is the first day of spring! In honor of it, I am sharing a picture of my house from last year.
2) If you didn’t see my Instagram post on Friday, my middle son had radiation to stop the growth of a ten year battle with a benign brain tumor. Thank you for all your kind comments and especially your prayers. They have meant so much!
While waiting for him to complete his treatment, I was wondering why is it always so freezing cold in hospitals?
I am sure it has something to do with breeding germs…but geez!
I think they should just pass out those warm blankets to everyone who enters. You know the ones I’m talking about!
Wouldn’t that bring a little joy, in an often not so nice reason for being there?
I think so!
3) This week, I revisited a post about appreciating the simple life during the pandemic.
I feel like when we were in the depths of quarantine the days meshed together and some seemed long. Now looking back, I feel like it went by fast.
It’s funny how our perception of time and events can change.
Can you think of something you are thankful for because of the pandemic?
So many simple and beautiful things came out of it for me.
4) I don’t know if you remember, but last week I won a CountrySampler Farmhouse Style magazine from Reinvented Delaware. It came early this week and it was a great pick-me-up!
Who doesn’t enjoy pretty reading material?!
5) Next week, I’ll be participating in a Spring Home Tour! I am so honored to be part of this amazing tour and look forward to sharing all that goodness with you.
Here are some other WONDERFUL moments, I found this week:
These amazing bunnies
This back porch refresh
This yummy Caribbean black bean salad
That’s all the Mitten Moments for this week! I hope all the moments of your Saturday bring you more joy than you could imagine!
AnnMarie Christiano says
Prayers for your son and hugs to you Kim. Thanks for sharing our Caribbean black bean salad.