Everyone has been sharing all things Christmas, me included! If you frequent my blog, you know I love setting a pretty table. Therefore, today in keeping with sharing all things Christmas, I am going to share the best dishes and tableware for the holidays!
You can see how I set my table this year in my post How to Decorate An Old Fashion Cottage Christmas.
Affiliate links are used in this post. Read my full disclosure here.
How To Set A Table
There are all types of table settings. The three that are most common are, basic, casual and formal. I usally use the basic.
The basic table setting should include a fork, knife, spoon and napkin beside the plate. The rules say beside the plate under the fork or under the knife & spoon. However, I often put my napkins on top of the plate with some form of napkin ring.
Whatever way you like…you do you!
The dinner plate should be placed in the center of the table setting. The fork is placed to the left of the plate. Place the knife to the right of the dinner plate and then set the spoon to the right of the knife. Set the water glass in the top right corner, above the knife.
You can see how I set my Christmas table last year where I shared Ideas for Creating A Simple Christmas Table.
“There’s something special about gathering a few favorite people for a meal. A beautifully set table is the perfect canvas for a delicious meal.” – Chantal Larocque
My Christmas Dish Finds
I’m so excited about the choices out there this season! So many affordable options for everyone’s budget. I’ve even listed a really pretty Melamine set! It is super affordable and perfect if you have a large party over for Christmas.
Remember, you do you when it comes to setting the table!
- Gibson Home 16pc Stoneware Christmas Toile Dinnerware Set
- Tabletops Unlimited Enchanted Woods Stoneware Dinner Plate
- Johnson Brothers Twas the Night Dinner Pink/Ivory 20 Piece Set
- 222 Fifth Christmas Foliage 12-pc. Dinnerware Set
- Pfaltzgraff Chateau Cream 16-Piece Stoneware
- American Atelier Holiday Dinnerware Set
- Laurie Gates by Gibson Mauna Melamine Dinnerware Set
“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Holiday Table Linens
I love using table linens! They don’t need to be expensive or fancy.
However, table linens really can change the look and vibe of your table. Check out these beautiful pieces I’ve found!
- 13 x 90 inch Fall Farmhouse Cotton Linen Table Runner with Handcraft Tassel
- Cotton Craft Flax Linen Cloth Napkins with Lace – Set of 12
- INFEI Plain Striped Cotton Linen Blended Dinner Cloth Napkins – Set of 12
- Sleigh Bell Crewel Embroidered Cotton Table Runner
- Cackleberry Home Red and White Ticking Stripe Woven Cotton Table Runner Reversible
- Saro Lifestyle Candy Cane Stripe Border Christmas Holiday Table Runner
- Christmas in the Country Embroidered Cotton/Linen Napkins – Set of 4
- Talvania Cloth Dinner Napkins – 12 Pack
- Cotton Clinic 12 Pack Farmhouse Style Slub Textured 18×18 Cloth Dinner Napkin
- Christmas in the Country Cotton Tea Towels – Set of 2
The Best Dishes & Tableware For The Holidays
If you were looking for some fun new dishes and tableware for the holidays, I hope you found some here today!
There are diagrams for all types of table settings online. If you are unsure what you like, this is a great resource.
I would love to see the table settings you create, this season.
Also, if you are looking for more Christmas inspiration, I have posted the 10 Days of Christmas hop I was recently in, linked below! There is so much amazing inspiration shared by myself and my good blogging friends!
Happy dinner party planning!
10 Days of Christmas
- Day 1 – Christmas DIY Ideas
- Day 2 – Front Porch Decorating Ideas
- Day 3 – Christmas Tree Ideas
- Day 4 – Christmas Table Decor Ideas
- Day 5 – Christmas Cookies and Sweet Treats
- Day 6 – Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Day 7 – Bloggers’ Favorite Christmas Idea
- Day 8 – Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Day 9 – Wreaths & Front Door Decor
- Day 10 – Winter Greenery